Quantcast

Welcome to Day Trading Radio

Are you new to the site? You can try out a free, two-week trial to see if Day Trading Radio is the right fit for you.

Get Started

To start your free trial, simply click here! And remember, you will not be billed for the first two weeks.

Member Login

Lost your password?

Premium Membership Benefits

• See our charts as we perform technical analysis.
  • Hear Live Trading Set ups
  • Ask questions and interact with top traders
  • Unlimited access 7 days a week 24 hours a day
  • Breaking News Announced on site

Day Trader Radio

Announcement Archive
July 2014

• Market Radar for Friday August 1st

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 31, 2014 11:27 pm

The Market Radar is a follow up after last weeks video calling for the break down of the rising wedge the S&P has been building. Looking for follow through tomorrow but we could see at one point but personally not banking on it. Things will start to get interesting and you should precede with a little more caution on any longs.

• Breaking Briefs - Does Crime Pay?

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 29, 2014 3:04 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

What you turn on When the markets turn off.  Join us for news, earnings, and tunes.

============== PRIVATE PRISONS ==============

== We'll take a look at a few Publicly Traded Companies ==

==           that profit off the US Prison Population.           ==

==            Can you say, "Conflict Of Interest" ??            ==

==                          See you tonight.                            ==

============== PRIVATE PRISONS ==============

During show, you can reach me at:

Twitter: @briguytrading | @breakingbriefs

Email briguy@daytradingradio.com

Text: 908-583-0485

Reminder: I'll be broadcasting music and news through the main channel, so mute or pause the other channels to avoid any echo.

• Breaking Briefs - IPO Week

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

============== IPO WEEK ==============

Click here to view this week's OptionsEdge Watch List

Enjoy!

• This Weeks HPS Watch List and Best Bets

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Last weeks rising  wedge broke down to give us a nice profit in the VXX and the 60 min had once again called the bottom, and we bounced nice from there but I am seeing some indications of more weakness ahead. This is shown in the video along with some great set ups for next week

NOTE: if this this weak pattern confirms itself with a break down then I would consider patterns to be subject to failure and I will look at a case by case scenario on the longs I am holding.

As of right now the 60 is close to being oversold and we could easily continue to move higher. I will take off the VXX on a move back up above 1991 on the SPX. Even before if the market looks strong.

The Longs are set up nice so business as usual with those wai t- strike-and-take profits.

$EAT is one of 3 Best Bets and the stocks on this list are in some of the best zones I've seen in a long time. Watch for the Special alert in $MON there are 2 scenarios I like the alert on the HPS Page.

Have a great weekend

DayTraderRockStar

• Breaking Briefs - Trailer Wednesday

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

It's Movie Trailer Thursday Wednesday. My schedule's a little different this week, so I'll be bringing you the movie trailers on tonight's show.

But, we'll also look at the latest with the stocks in the news: YHOO, BABA, HLF, DNKN, NFLX, etc.  Reach out to me with your stock symbol and we'll check it out live!

During show, you can reach me at:

Twitter: @briguytrading | @breakingbriefs

Email briguy@daytradingradio.com

Text: 908-583-0485

• Breaking Briefs - Tune In Tomorrow

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs will move to Wednesday this week.  Tune in Tomorrow.

You can still reach me at:

Twitter: @briguytrading@breakingbriefs

Email briguy@daytradingradio.com

Text: 908-583-0485

See you Wednesday !!

• Breaking Briefs - Manic Monday?

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

=====================================

Another Manic Monday?  For all the geo-political news, the market seems to have shrugged it off in favor of buying up what's on sale.  I'm showing the $ES_F trading up against a year-long trendline channel (top of the channel).  Does that mean we can finally short?  Did it mean that the last time?

On today's show, we'll take a look at the action.  As always, member questions are welcome.

During show, you can reach me at:

Twitter: @briguytrading | @breakingbriefs

Email briguy@daytradingradio.com

Text: 908-583-0485

• Options Watch List | 7.21.14

posted by LearJet

Jul 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Click here to view this week's OptionsEdge!

Enjoy!

• This Weeks HPS Watch List has been updated

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 18, 2014 8:05 pm

This weeks Watch List Video can be seen here

HPS Chart Site

With 3 Best Bets next week not complicating it with to much this week, Very good channels and a few great flags. I want to track the open of the futures on Sunday Night and just make sure there is nothing shocking the market into another short term slide as we saw this week. The slide was a perfect one as the wedge pattern play out fine and the 60 min  oversold levels bounce the markets right back up. How can we not just wait for the next set up?

Sure look like the market is basically discounting everything and the buy the dip is fast and furious. If we want new highs lets great but watch the 1984 S&P level early next week. Not because it is a great year but it will break us back above the recent lower high.

Also watch the 60 Min if we break down another cross over would get me on board again in the VXX.

The stocks continue to set up clear.

Slight Bias to the upside early Monday if we take out 1984 on the SPX other then that lets watch that restaurant sector next week. MCD could also play a part in the whole sector when they release earning Tuesday before the open. So understand that this will effect other stocks ie. DRI, EAT, CAKE, ect

Have Great Weekend

DayTraderRockStar

• StockJocknRoll Mid-Summer Show "Tonight" at 9:00 PM EST Market Update and Las Vegas Traders Expo 2014

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 16, 2014 11:57 am

StockJocknRoll takes a break from the charts and screens every summer but we wanted to do a mid-summer market update show on "Today" at 9pm ET on DayTradingRadio.com.  One of the show topics we’ll cover is trader preparation for the 2014 Las Vegas Traders Expo held November 19- 22, 2014 at legendary Caesar’s Palace.

We’ll discuss strategic methods for airfare and hotel booking, and provide many tips and tricks beneficial to your attendance at the Las Vegas Traders Expo.

Why do we go?  Well, it’s Vegas…do you need any other reason?

Really, though, the main reason for going, in our opinion, is to meet like-minded traders and build relationships.  Trading is a business and like any business, you must always be looking for ways to improve your knowledge.

And folks, there is a wealth of knowledge at the Traders Expo.

In a semi-related sidenote, The StockJocknRoll Show will be moving this fall to Wednesday nights from 9pm-Midnight ET on DayTradingRadio.com beginning September 10th.

Join us both on the airwaves and in Vegas for market mayhem.

• Day Trading Radio Affiliate Program open to members

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 15, 2014 8:44 pm

I would like to announce the official launch of the DayTradingRadio affiliate program. This is something that I never really mentioned before but I have offered it to a few of the long standing members and feel it would be nice to give back to those who really promote DTR to their friends and associates. To begin with this is a members program and you would have to have a subscription to DTR to sign up. That's just the way we have it set up to track it with the internal software.

Basically its you sign up following these direction http://benefits.daytradingradio.com/dtr-becomeaffiliate/

Each time someone sign up to a DayTradingRadio You get 30% commission from there membership fee  recurring for the life of the membership. This adds up fast and the key is just getting the show in front of people. So use the affiliate links on your page or pass on the link to anyone that might be interested in trading with best community of traders and the best research delivered to you on silver platter. The rest I take care of. I will continue to bring the best coverage and the best set up in the market today.

If you have any question or need some guidance on the process

just fire me an email Dtrs@daytradingradio.com

• Market Radar for Wednesday July 16th

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 15, 2014 6:41 pm

A rising wedge pattern continues to overhang the SPX and the signals still show the good possibility of a break down. This is a very hard call to make in this "Fed Protected Market". There are no real sellers showing up and each dip has been met with buying. I love the rising wedge pattern and my bias is now slightly bearish as it was slightly bullish to start the week but nothings concrete and even though I added a few Short the bullish HPS charts continue to play out and hit their targets  eg. FCM, V, VZ,

• Breaking Briefs - Yawning Bear

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 15, 2014 3:10 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

Are the bears waking from their slumber? Blame it on the Yellen.

During show, you can reach me at:

Twitter: @briguytrading@breakingbriefs

Email briguy@daytradingradio.com

Text: 908-583-0485

• Breaking Briefs - M&A Monday

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

=====================================

U.S. stocks surged on Monday, with the Dow up roughly 1 percent and the Nasdaq at a 14-year high as increasing homebuilder confidence and hopes for receding tensions between Russia and Ukraine brightened investors' view of the outlook for equities.

During show, you can reach me at:

Twitter: @briguytrading | @breakingbriefs

Read More …

• Options Watch List 7.14.14

posted by LearJet

Jul 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Click here to view this week's OptionsEdge watch list!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

-Lear

• This Weeks HPS Watch List has been Released with the Beard Trade of the Week

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 11, 2014 9:17 pm

This Weeks Watch list

I have to tell you there are a lot of great channels that have appeared in the market this week. The stocks have pulled back into lower levels of these channels and the combining daily oversold stochastics add a lot of credence to an upside move. The first part of the video really discusses how the daily pattern is a text book rising wedge pattern but the recent pullback has set us up into a very bullish flag on the underlying rising trend line. If this wedge plays out to the down side. ( and i am not totally convinced of that) Then we could first see a nice move higher out of this flag and then a failure to make new highs and roll over breaking the underlying trend line. Really hard to say I am happy with the recent pull back yesterday (Thursday) as the market gave us that scenario on a tray. The 60 min got oversold and that worked line a charm also. Now the recent trade has been lacking in any additional selling pressure. Making a bounce early next week highly likely.

You will see a tremendous amount of perfect channels in this week's watch list almost to many or to easy...

I am still cautious but will take a few of these trades long.

On the short side I want to have a few shorts on in case we get the pattern to fail but if it looks to strong i will cut and run. I am still overweight on the long side and feel the upside carrying through to early next week.

The Beard Trade is great this week I actually like 2 but made the decision in the last moment and the targets are posted in the HPS site. I might also include V and make it a dual one. I will decide Monday Morning.

The first part of the Video is 19:51 long its a review of the overall markets and trades. the Members video is attached to the end of that video so you can get to the HPS at 19:51 of the video if you want to save time.

I think this video is loaded with great trades, I hope it does not seem to long. It is not helpful to have to many setups to pick from it just confuses things that why I like to point out the Best Bets of the Week.

I might have stated the watchlist is for week of July 21st disregard I am always trading in the future. :-)

This Week's Watch List

Looking forward to Monday

DTRS

Johnny

• Breaking Briefs - Started from the Bottom...

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 10, 2014 2:20 pm

...now we here.

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

This market seems to care less about Europe.  All you 'by the dip' fans can still seem right when everything is else seems so wrong.  (Debbie Boone, anyone?)  Whatever your market view, I think it helps to be hedged for days like today.  As far down as the market gapped, it really just gapped into support.

In the options room, I posted my entries yesterday in SLV calls, and holding GLD calls.  Today, started DLTR calls and GTAT calls.  We'll see how things finish up.

=====

It's Movie Trailer Thursday. We'll also look at the Public Companies behind this weekend's films.

During show, you can reach me at:

Twitter: @briguytrading | @breakingbriefs

Email briguy@daytradingradio.com

Text: 908-583-0485

• DTRS at the Snoop Dogg show LIVE w/rpm hosting

RPM post

posted by RPM

Jul 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Tune in tonight at 8:00PM eastern for a variety show with a mixture of futures, tech talk and whatever comes up. At some time during the broadcast tonight we expect to get a live video skype call from DayTraderRockStar and his lovely wife as they experience the Snoop Dogg concert. This should be good seeing DTRS in action like that. If anything happens of course we will record it.

See everyone tonight! 8:00PM
    @rpm

• Market Radar for Rest of the Week (7-8-14). Downside Signals Pointing to Bigger Drop

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 08, 2014 7:32 pm

In this video, I discuss two major signals that have me calling for for more downside. The signal I am looking for is the failure of this 60 min short time frame oversold signal. I haven't seen a set up like this in months. Is this more of a pure technical move or a move based on some geo-political events happening around the world? Specifically in Israel. I also have a great scalp set-up for this week and some great shorts lined up. Overall a great week at DTR and looking to continue...

I want to mention my favorites and a give you a tighter list of what was mentioned in the video.

PSX - Great set-up looking for entry zone to trigger.

DISCA - Starting to like the set-up again based on the 60 min oversold level.

BIDU - Looking to take profits Wednesday.

DNKN - Perfect flag if we hold this lower channel line things will look great and would add.

BUD - Great short. Near a "Best Bet."

AET - Lane divergence short. Looking to get back in.

AAP - Great short. Looking at starting a position.

There was some great trading in the rooms today. I was seeing a lot of profits and I love that, especially when we have 100+ point down days. The key was patience today. Letting V come down in sync with a S&P market channel line.

AAPL - If the market gives you a gap up into your target area, it is a great thing to wake up to. That was the bear trade and I was happy it worked out fast.

FSLR - I think I forgot to mention it on the video, but the add today was perfect. I still see some weakness hanging around tomorrow on this, but still like this area.

Have a great night.

DayTraderRockStar

(edited 7-9-14)

• Breaking Briefs - Waking Bear?

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

No Turnaround Tuesday? Are the bears waking from their slumber?

During show, you can reach me at:

Twitter: @briguytrading@breakingbriefs

Email briguy@daytradingradio.com

Text: 908-583-0485

• Breaking Briefs - Sleepy Bear

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

Are the bears waking from their slumber, or are we just getting ready for Turnaround Tuesday?  Time will tell.

During show, you can reach me at:

Twitter: @briguytrading | @breakingbriefs

Email briguy@daytradingradio.com

Text: 908-583-0485

• Option Watch List 7.7.14

posted by LearJet

Jul 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Click here to view this weeks OptionsEdge video watch list.

Enjoy!

• Happy 4th of July. This Week's HPS Watch List has Arrived

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 03, 2014 8:56 pm

Hope everyone has a great Fourth!!

This week's video contains two parts. First, a Market Radar and review of what we traded this week and also a great watch-list for next week.

Things have been going great with the research and trades and each week I feel more motivated and dedicated to continue to find only worthy stocks (a reference to "Wayne's World").

This week, we have broken the 14k level like it didn't even matter. The truth is it doesn't. The markets are definitely acting like a very strong bull market. The reason behind this seems to be the prospects of a continuing recovery and a very well orchestrated plan by the Fed. That could be defined as, "we will do anything and everything in our power to stimulate the economy when needed." How do you fight that? A change to the interest rate policy seen down the road is a good view in my opinion on how long this market can grind higher. We have seen a standard pull back in the form of flags through out the last 2 years. As you can see now we are clearly extended and most likely overdue for a another pull back flag. But the stochastics might tell a different story.

The coiled stochastics rising and falling both show the extended move in the the direction of the coil. These patterns are extreme in nature as they show great strength as we are seeing now. When the time comes, the pullback from the rising wedge is usually more violent in nature. This is definitely hard to time in a bull market. I will continue to ride the wave, but watch for any signs of a Tsunami.

I also wanted to point out the potential for a lane divergence on the SPX and RUT (Russel2k)

This becomes an interesting week with some things to watch for. As I mentioned in this week's video, today's action is something I have seen a lot in this market, the very strong holiday-shortened trade. This usually carries over until Monday. I would like to take the Beard Trade off for a profit early in the week and also take advantage of any early strength to sell into.

This week's video is here

There is a nice breakdown in the first part review. At 14:52, I start the HPS watch list if you want to skip the market radar

I show a great new lane divergence that I will be taking and its another cheapie.

I go over five or six great flags in this market and of course the "Best Bets" for the week including the Beard Trade.

If you're missing out on trades because of the pattern-daytrading rule, then check out Suretrader. I can't stress the importance of being free to act in when and if you want to buy and sell.

Try out a free demo below.

Have a Happy 4th of July!

DayTraderRockStar

(edited 7-9-14)

• Breaking Briefs - Trailer Tuesday

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 01, 2014 3:30 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

It's Movie Trailer Thursday Tuesday. With the shortened week, we'll get a jump on what films are out this weekend.  We'll also look at the Public Companies behind this weekend's films.

During show, you can reach me at: