Quantcast

Welcome to Day Trading Radio

Are you new to the site? You can try out a free, two-week trial to see if Day Trading Radio is the right fit for you.

Get Started

To start your free trial, simply click here! And remember, you will not be billed for the first two weeks.

Member Login

Lost your password?

Premium Membership Benefits

• See our charts as we perform technical analysis.
  • Hear Live Trading Set ups
  • Ask questions and interact with top traders
  • Unlimited access 7 days a week 24 hours a day
  • Breaking News Announced on site

Day Trader Radio

Announcement Archive
July 2013

• Mid Week Update Video for Thursday and Friday has been uploaded

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm

Follow the link and it will be the second video posted http://daytradingradio.com/10for1000.

After a great day wanted to put in some extra effort in reviewing and identifying some new setups. TSCO is one of a few on the top of the watch list for tomorrow. $KRFT earnings after the close otherwise the pattern is perfect. Many other set ups outlined in the video have a great night.

DTRS

• Tuesday After Hours

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

What you turn on When the markets turn off.  Join us for news, earnings, and tunes.

Athen will return next week with his trade setups.  Briguy will answer any ThinkOrSwim questions live on the air.  See you after the market closes.

• Monday After Hours

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:30pm ET)

• Options Watch List 7.29.13

posted by LearJet

Jul 29, 2013 1:10 am

Volume is weak and is expected to become weaker in August, so I'm planning on the "less is more" approach. Continuing to sell premium and take only the highest probability setups.

View this week's option trade plans here: http://optionsedge.daytradingradio.com/edge/?p=521

See you in the #options room,

-LearJet

• This Week's HPS Video and Watch list have been uploaded

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Well what a great week, I might sound a little excited on this week's video, It's just that there is so much happening with the site and trading has been spot on. I am excited about the next week as it will be both the end of the month  and the first Friday that will bring with it another jobs report. I am no longer concerned with the Jobs report even though it is considered by many as one of the Fed major focal points when determining how and when a tapering of the bond buying will occur.

Below you will see a nice target I have on the next move up in the S&P 500. It only seems right to continue to respect the recent trend lines and a break of the 1700 zone will satisfy the criteria of a new high being taken out to set us up for a pull back into the channel.

It's not a standard channel design but it is something to work with as I do expect a move higher sooner then later. As for stocks The HPS 25 was officially introduced today, and a review of the new trader dashboard along with the first beta version of the alert system which will have HPS alerts, trade alerts, News and HPS trend line and stochastic alerts.

As a special surprise bonus I have been working on an automated trading system that trades the SPY using some of the key indicators found in the HPS methodology. This can be followed on twitter @AutoSpyTrader

Just understand as mentioned in the video I am trying to configure it properly in regards to posting trades. As of right now the trades are announced but they are not tagged properly with buy or sell. We are working on fixing the issue. This will also be added to the alert system for members to follow. I think you will be surprised at the results. ( This is just in a beta mode and should not be traded on.)

As for Setups for Next week I go over "6" contenders for Best Bet. That's right 6! I always throw one out for the lurkers but each one is just as good as the next this week and I will be looking to start a new position in  $CBS early Monday, but that could change to one or more of the other 5  Monday morning. I will post a more select group Monday Morning in the alert Box.

I think this week watch list can't get be packed with any more great setups I will let you get to it and Hope everyone has a great weekend

Here is the Video http://daytradingradio.com/10for1000

DayTraderRockStar

• Briguy's Breaking Briefs

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:15pm ET)

It's Movie Trailer Thursday. We'll also look at the Public Companies behind this weekend's films.

• Top 5 Indicators Webinar on DTR with DayTraderRockStar TONIGHT at 8 pm est.

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 24, 2013 3:30 pm

DayTraderRockStar will be doing a special Show tonight at 8pm est.

On the education side, he will be reviewing some key indicators that he uses and what the best combination of indicators are.

Topics include:

• Dual Stochastics.
    • DTRS Playbook trade setups.
    • New additions to the Trading Dashboard.
    • Overview of the HPS methodology.
    • Scans and formulas for finding stocks to trade.

and a non-education segment

Some fun, music and conversation.

It's going to be a great time.

Tune in tonight at 8pm est!!

• Members Only AAPL Opening Print Contest

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 23, 2013 12:14 pm

With AAPL posting earnings today, we'd like to get your thoughts on what it's opening price tomorrow will be.

Get your guesses in by 4pm est today for tomorrow's opening print.

The Member with the closest guess will receive an Apple iTV!!!

Again, this contest is only open to members.

ENTER YOUR AAPL OPENING PRINT GUESS HERE

GOOD LUCK!

• Midweek Market Watch - Actionable Swing Trade Setups, Tuesday @ 4:15 est

DTRBrian post

posted by DTRBrian

Jul 23, 2013 9:29 am

The Sunday evening Market Watch show is now coming to the midweek markets with a renewed focus on actionable setups for the intermediate time frame trader. Athen, your British London based host, focuses attention on FX, Commodities and Indices. With the sharing and real time application of a repeatable price action oriented trading plan and process customised for today’s complex markets, there’s something for traders of all stages and abilities.

This week’s show will focus on the setup and application of the trading plan with real time market scanning. Future weeks will focus on the real time market scanning and trading.

Tune in to Athen's Midweek Market Watch every Tuesday at 16:15 New York / 21:15 London right after the daily DTR show for analysis and actionable setups. If you’ve wanted to watch in the past but couldn’t make the Sunday show, this is the one for you!

• Briguy's Breaking Briefs

briguy post

posted by briguy

Jul 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Briguy's Breaking Briefs (DTR1, 4:15pm ET)

• Options Watch List 7.22.13

posted by LearJet

Jul 21, 2013 8:07 pm

We’re half done with earnings season. Resist the temptation to get caught up in the headlines, greed & bias. Earnings takes your edge from you.

SPX – The index put in an impressive run and after a few digestion days last week the run continued and printed new all time highs.  Many eyes are watching the 1700 level & I expect price to overshoot it before a larger pullback to at least 1648ish.

IWM – Testing the upper trend line of the rising channel.  Rallied ~10% in less than 30 days.  Needs to digest through time or price & allow the charts to reset.  Use caution when opening new long swing positions until the market is allowed to digest.

Click here for your OptionsEdge http://optionsedge.daytradingradio.com/edge/?p=459

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,

-LearJet

• This week's HPS Video is Uploaded

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Expecting more upside early in the week. But will be taking that opportunity to lighten up on longs, We had a fantastic trading week. All starting with the perfect 60 min oversold chart  as long as it keeps setting up I will continue to trade off the signal. One more rip higher will give us another dual stochastic sell signal and I want to start my SPXU short term swing. Short term is the key here. With Bernanke pushing out the time table on the tapering the market will not pull back because of fears but more likely because its tired and needs a rest. With so much talk recently of the possible easing of the stimulus, It will become a "priced in" event and by the time that event comes. I would bet all comers we will move higher soon after the announcement.. and again this is off in the distance 2014. As to next weeks watch list, Not much has changed. We have a lot of flags developing and quality is where you want to be. KRFT continues to be my best bet going into next week.  and all the other flags are outlined in the video. $A, and $DNKN will also be in focus next week.

It's been a busy 2 weeks but things will get back on schedule next week and I am planning on starting back up some evening shows, and I know RPM is talking about TraderSpotlight shows also.

Hope everyone have a great weekend

This week's Video can be seen here http://daytradingradio.com/10for1000

DTRS

• AAPL Earnings & TLT

posted by LearJet

Jul 19, 2013 2:38 am

• Earnings plays should always be considered a gamble. However, there are some strategies available to option players that allow us to capitalize on the increased volatility (at an increased risk).  Looking at the volatility chart for AAPL, it appears to be some what lacking in comparison to previous earnings dates.  Part of the reason is because the stock has been so damaged over the past year, as a result the options chain is only pricing in a move of ~$25, but it may increase into next week.

Read more http://optionsedge.daytradingradio.com/edge/?p=431

-LearJet

• DTR main server re-configurations from 8PM to 5am

RPM post

posted by RPM

Jul 15, 2013 8:17 pm

DTR main server re-configurations from 8PM to 5am

expect downtime. Chat servers and video service should not be affected. If you have a working page do NOT refresh tonight. thanks!

@rpm

progress continues into tuesday night. stay tuned!

• Options Watch List 7.15.13

posted by LearJet

Jul 15, 2013 12:35 am

SPX – When corrections happen in a bull market they are fast and violent.  The recoveries are just as abrupt. This one was no exception, we have had 7 consecutive positive sessions on the SPX and the McClellan Oscillator is back into overbought levels.  Indicating the market is extended and due for a digestion period. Preferably, a digestion through time rather than price before a push to new highs.

Read more: http://optionsedge.daytradingradio.com/edge/?p=382

-LearJet

• HPS video and Important Outline Video on trading the Market

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 13, 2013 1:18 pm

I started this post stuck in the airport in Oregon and Finishing it now with a great video which I call a Outline on "How to trade stock in the market". The post and Video are extended  but I feel it covers and reviews some important points on how to balance trading and the patience to get the best opportunity in the market.

Here is that Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3cFzYsS3eI&feature=youtu.be

I also separated this weeks watch list video from this video and put this weeks set up in a more condensed video here.

So i am stranded here in Redmond Oregon The flight has been delayed so far twice and I scheduled to leave in in an hour heading to San Francisco then to NY expected arrival tomorrow morning 8:30 am I should be in the office a little after the open. 9;45-10:00am if the flight goes as scheduled. If not, probably at one point tomorrow. So sitting here I wanted to touch base on some recent observations in the market. I am pretty sure my gentlemen's bet of the market being above 1600 in two week (2 weeks ago) has come to fruition. But taking a step away from the markets was a very positive experience for me.  As when your totally immersed in the markets like I am every day you get bombarded everyday from every side. Most traders get caught up on every move be it big or small in the markets. The bears will attack when there is signs of weakness in the market with their repetitive argument that the whole house of cards will come tumble down and the Fed is completely wrong in on how they are dealing with growth and their stimulus program. And then you have the Bulls which might have a more optimistic point of view on the markets or economy but could fall under the same trap as the bears. Believing they are right and the markets are wrong. That has not happened yet and all indications point to a continued upside. I am not here to say the bears are wrong and the bulls are right I am here to say we are wrong as traders when the signals are showing one thing and you refuse to take advantage of it because you have core belief in something else. I know this will fall some deaf ears, there are thousands of traders that will pass through this site over the years. Most won't make it, I am not going to lead you on or tell you this is an easy job. But I can share with you knowledge i have gained over 19 years of trading. When I started out I was starving for knowledge always looking for the perfect strategy or system, Studying charts for hours each night. Following message boards believing things I read on message forums. sometimes it would work but over time it would catch up to me and I would have to take bigger gambles (trades) to mentally get myself back in the game. Most of the time this would put me in a deeper hole. This was what I look back on and call my learning curve. The big change came for me when I was able to see what didn't work most of the time to finding what worked the majority of the time. What was the correlation between why some trades worked the majority of the time and why some trades didn't. I worked hard on statistics of my successful trades and unsuccessful ones. what was the common denominator of them? Over time I found that there was not just one reason why stocks moved up or down but the moves happened to correlate with what I call the arrangement of underlying indicators.  Thats was the easy part. The hard part and the reason most traders fail over time is the markets are a big casino open to the public with no age restriction no experience or prior knowledge need to enter. And with the daily temptation of the being able to make money by just pressing a couple of buttons it is easy to see how the lack  of discipline  and patience will quickly catch a trader and take him down not just monetarily  but more importantly mentally. There is always a better way and that way is to slow down and take the trades that fall within the requirements of  HPS. Simple as that, Like I say all the time. The correct path is laid out for us, Its in our nature to get distracted or be effected by our emotions. A recent guest to daytradingradio Ray Burchett talked about Intuitive decision making. Taking the emotion out of trading and only reacting to trade. He was spot on in that webinar. It just happens to be exactly what HPS does for me. It controls my emotions and lets be develop the patience and discipline.

Ok I am done talking here. I did a great video outlining a lot of what I always stress on the show and its a fantastic overview to the HPS methodology I higher recommend watching it

DayTraderRockStar

• Options Watch List 7.9.13

posted by LearJet

Jul 09, 2013 1:11 am

Some thoughts going into the rest of the week.

SPX – Closed over the descending channel starting from the beginning of the correction. 1648 is the next major level of resistance.  McClellan closed at +50 which isn't offering any useful clues going into tomorrow.

Read more: http://optionsedge.daytradingradio.com/edge/?p=359

-LearJet

• Market Update and New HPS watch list for week of July 8th

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Happy Fourth of July!! Hope everyone has a great day off and a fun and safe weekend. I never want to fall out of touch with the markets, so I spent time going over some charts and doing research for next week. I have found some real gems for Friday and into next week before I get back from vacation. I am pretty excited about these additions to the watch list as they are prime examples of what the HPS stands for. Quality names and the convergence of multiple indicators. I do not have the right encoding software out here so I will post the video right on the main page here instead of the in the HPS section. As for best bets, let's break it down from top to bottom. CLX, KRFT, MA, & CF. The others on the video are great too, but don't want to have too many best bets ;-) I am hoping to be able to get in a couple trades early Friday before I head out for a weekend trip.  Again, hope everyone has a great weekend and see you next week.

DayTraderRockStar

• Chatroom Logger Expanded

RPM post

posted by RPM

Jul 03, 2013 2:29 pm

For those who have been looking for logs for the additional chat rooms at DTR ..specifically the futures-pro and options rooms, this has now been added. Additional logging will now be easier. The system we needed to be put into place to do this is now complete. Sorry for the delay. It is now active and ready to go. Enjoy!

@rpm

• Reminder: Discount for IDT Basic Training Set To Expire Tomorrow

daytraderockstar post

posted by daytraderockstar

Jul 02, 2013 8:29 am

Hey All,

Just got a reminder from Ray Burchett, from IDT that the Coupon Code is set to expire at the end of the day tomorrow. Here are the details if you're interested.

I just wanted to remind DTR the coupon for IDT expires end of day tomorrow to take advantage of $200 savings reducing cost of IDT from $500 to $300 for IDT Basic Training which includes the Foundation Course. Registrants will have access to all July and August trainings at no additional cost (over 70% of participants repeat the training).

Four (4) day training sequence presented live on-line. Next training sequence begins Monday July 8th and ends Thursday July 11th. Each session is scheduled to run from Noon to 3PM CDT

This is the Coupon Code: 1371479721

Registration link is www.intuitiveculture.com/page40.html

More details are available at www.intuitiveperformance.com > Products   - there are links to individual training session descriptions, calendar, customer comments, and my bio on this page.

Many Thanks,